9/12/13

I've always wanted to become a surgeon, said the writter

In a prelude to a book I read, I stumbled upon a story that changed my perspective on writting.
The man said he had to attend to all these meetings with fancy people and give them conversation.
During those he would always encounter one or two that approached him, I think it is my obligation to inform you that he was a writter, and told him how they had always wanted to get their little novels and other writtings published.
He would usually dismiss the topic falsely encouraging them to carry on with their literary adventure, but as time passed yet the same kind of people approached him with the very same topic, he thought of a better way to dismiss them.
He told them about how he had always wanted to become a surgeon.
The shocked and surprised faces of the people were priceless.
In order to become a writer, you have to write, there is no other way around.
You have to write a lot and have to read a lot, and when I say a lot I mean a huge amount.

I hope I will be able to take this advice to heart and start writting on a more regular basis...
Only time will tell wether I was or not able to accomplish such a feat...
Wish me luck...

(Adaptation from the introductory text of a stephen king book ill mention in a future entry)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario